DH Runners Meeting Minutes
April 3rd 2016
Andrew Graham, Lindsay Graham, Kev Mulvey, Sarah Hamilton, Andy Baker, Michelle Mackay, Steve Claringbold
The minutes of the previous meeting held in January were accepted as a true & accurate record.
The committee discussed reduced membership for run leaders (who actively plan and help run sessions) and committee members. The decision was taken to provide a plan at the next AGM for the members to vote on.
Once the initial rush of renewals has settled down, we will look at transferring the joining process online. Our options are Entry Central and a new system set up by England Athletics. Both will be looked at and a decision made by the committee as to the best option. ACTION – Sarah Hamilton
Sarah Hamilton proposed that we buy 3 charity collection (or similar) tins for our two charities of the year (Eden Valley Hospice & Kenyan Schools Project) and The 401 Challenge. The idea being that people can pop their loose change in as they see fit throughout the year. .
ACTION – Steve Claringbold
Any Other Business
1. Feed Station for The Lakesman – Lindsay met with Phil Whitehead to discuss. We will be manning a station on the run route and already have enough volunteers to cover the time period needed.
2. Club Championship – Need to check if the Moorclose 10k is going to be on. Andy Baker has emailed to check and Andrew will follow up.
3. New Run Leaders – We will have to pay for the courses ourselves now. The committee discussed possible candidates for the course and it was decided to ask the members if anyone was interested. ACTION – Sarah Hamilton
4. Survey – The idea came up that it may be an idea to compile a survey for our members. ACTION - Sarah Hamilton will look at SurveyMonkey to see how easy it is to set up.
5. The possibility of moving the meeting point for the Tuesday group to Rome St Car Park was discussed. It was agreed that from the 1st Tuesday in May we will move the group there.
6. You Can Run – The next course will be open for people to sign up for soon. Nina Errington has expressed an interest in running this. ACTION – Lindsay Graham to liaise with Nina and confirm dates.
7. 10k Race – The initial plan to hold a race this year is no longer viable, but no reason why one can’t happen in 2017. The idea of the Cummersdale loop 5k being used was discussed – if this is to be used, it limits the race to British Summertime as it will be too dangerous otherwise. ACTION – Andrew Graham to start initial investigations.
8. Coaching Course – This is still outstanding as the date Andrew, Kev and Steve were booked on was cancelled. Upcoming dates will be checked to find a suitable one.
9. North Cumbria Athletic Network – Local running clubs meet and try to foster a community feel between them. In the past we have struggled to send anyone to these meetings. ACTION – Andrew Graham to make Lindsay the POC. Lindsay can then liaise with the committee to try and ensure someone is available to go.
There being no other business the meeting was adjourned at 1719