DH RUNNERS COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES
January 14th 2017
Present: Kev Mulvey, Andrew Graham, Paul McKnespiey, Sarah Hamilton, Michelle Mackay, Lindsay Graham, Andy Baker, Steve Claringbold, Anni Stumpf
The minutes of the previous meeting were accepted as a true record
New club captains Nicola Jackson and Mark Drummond have a provisional calendar for this year’s Championship races.
parkrun April/May Helvellyn 10k Date TBC SIA 10k August 27th Cumbrian Run October Brampton To Carlisle 10 November Langdale Pudding Run December
Dates to be finalised ASAP by Captains.
The committee discussed changing the format for awarding points. Various ideas were floated and these will be collated and a format agreed on in time for the first event.
Club Captains also emphasised that they are keen to get people partaking in runs not on the championship calendar (e.g. Lancaster summer race series, Keswick Round The Houses) and are happy to organise.
Paul McKnespiey has fully taken on the role, although Kev Mulvey is still a cheque signatory as they are in the process of moving bank accounts from the Cumberland to HSBC (to enable online payments).
The annual fee for the website will be £71.99 + fees (approx. £100)
Membership Fees 2017/18
England Athletics affiliation will be £14 for the upcoming year. The committee voted to set our fees at £34 (fully affiliated) and £20 (non-affiliated). 6 monthly cost from Oct 2017 will be £24/£10.
Online membership prices to be updated on the website. ACTION: KEV MULVEY
Renewal reminder email to be sent to members in mid-March. ACTION: SARAH HAMILTON/MICHELLE MACKAY
Run and Talk
Run & Talk week runs from 28 January-3 Feb, with 2 Feb being Time To Talk Day. The club will use our group runs that week to promote #RunAndTalk
Magic Mile: Feb 4th/May 6th/Aug 5th/Nov 4th. Sheepmount to be booked. ACTION: MICHELLE MACKAY
10k Race: The committee agreed a provisional date of Oct 22nd. Race Committee to be formed. ACTION: KEV MULVEY
Group World Record Attempt: See attached.
24 Hour Relay: See attached. Subcommittee to be formed. ACTION: ANDREW GRAHAM
Santa Dash Debrief
The club’s representatives were very active in the event’s organisation. Lots was learnt which can be applied to putting on our race and we are keen to be more involved and proactive in this year’s event.
A total of £6069 was raised.
The committee feels the club would benefit from a newsletter. Software and online template options to be looked at. ACTION: KEV MULVEY
We have been approached by Nicola Fell who needs female runners to assist with her work. ACTION: LINDSAY GRAHAM to ask for volunteers
Future Meeting Dates
Quarterly meetings will be held and provisional dates are:
April 15th July 15th Oct 15th
1) A request was made to buy stopwatches. ACTION: ANDREW GRAHAM to research and price up.
2) The draw was made for January’s PT prize – Karen Ben Dhaou. ACTION: STEVE CLARINGBOLD to contact.
3) From now receipts will be placed in the petty cash tin to account for money taken out.
4) The club has been approached to attend a Health Event at Carlisle library on March 23rd. ACTION: STEVE CLARINGBOLD & KEV MULVEY
5) The club will be receiving some Bluetooth headphones for our members to trial and provide feedback. In return we will promote them on the website.
6) Nominations for the charity of the year are needed. The committee voted to have just 1 charity this year. Members to be emailed asked for nominations. ACTION: SARAH HAMILTON & STEVE CLARINGBOLD
7) Our kit supplier has some leftover stock of polo shirts that we can sell. Cost from supplier will be £7. Sizes TBC.
8) Lindsay Graham informed the committee of her decision to cancel the Thurs session at 1835 on Thurs 12th Jan due to the weather conditions. The committee agreed that this was the correct call.
9) Claire Buckle (Eng Athletics) is meeting with members of the committee on Feb 2nd.
10) Next NCAN meeting is Jan 23rd. Venue TBC.
There being no other business, the meeting was adjourned at 1110.
- You Can Run
- Contact Us