DH RUNNERS COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES
July 15th 2017
Present: Kev Mulvey, Sarah Hamilton, Michelle Mackay, Lindsay Graham, Andy Baker, Anni Stumpf
Apologies: Andrew Graham, Paul McKnespiey, Steve Claringbold
The minutes of the previous meeting were accepted as a true record
The 2017 AGM will be held on November 25th at Morton Manor after parkrun. An extra committee
meeting will be held in September to plan agenda and details
24 Hour Relay:
The total raised was £2236.10 and the estimated slot times worked very well.
The sub-committee noted various things for future events:
- Gazebo was very helpful, side walls were necessary for wind protection and rain.
- Next time maybe a little heater? Depends on weather next year.
- Tent necessary for bit of privacy/quiet time?
- Next time make clear that people shouldn't drink before running and that slot will be run by someone else if people turn up drunk/unable to run safely.
- More spare medals? Committee members decide not necessary.
- A physical registration desk and official volunteer rota will be used next time. Person manning registration will have final say over whether someone is fit to run.
Still awaiting council permission. Border Reivers are also holding an event on the same day.
Current cost to host race is £1568 (which includes race HQ, medals, licence, course measurer & portable toilets).
If the race sells out the minimum income is £2000.
The sub-committee are compiling a list of club members who are first aid trained and DBS cleared
The DH club is unavailable so other venues are being looked at and quot es obtained. Date is Dec 2nd.
ACTION: LINDSAY GRAHAM
Lindsay Graham proposed a travel expenses policy for club members who are travelling to either represent the club or attend a course. The committee was divided on this subject and has agreed to draft a potential policy and table it at the AGM. A SurveyMonkey will be drafted to obtain members opinion.
ACTION: LINDSAY GRAHAM to provide questions and SARAH HAMILTON to generate and send survey.
Work at the Sheepmount is finally getting underway and as such, the Magic Mile due to be held in August has been cancelled.
The next course is in September at Frenchfield in Penrith and we have 6 members attending. Cost to the club is £20 per attendee.
Michelle has obtained 3 quotes (see attached) and the committee voted to use Gala. The quote did not include cost for a bag so this will be clarified and presented to the committee for a final decision
ACTION: MICHELLE MACKAY
London Marathon Club Ballot Policy:
Sarah Hamilton proposed putting an official policy in place for the club places. The committee agreed the following:
- Any current club member who was in the general ballot can apply
- There will be a firm deadline and late entries not accepted
- You must be present at the AGM when the draw takes place. Names will be removed if not present
- You must intend to run the marathon that year
In addition, a how to enter (e.g. email club secretary) will be included.
ACTION: SARAH HAMILTON
It has been noted that some of the 8 mile runners are too quick for the run leaders. They will be reminded to check the route beforehand and if they are ahead of the run leaders that they run at their own risk. They could also be encouraged to run back to the main group every so often.
ACTION: RUN LEADERS
Had 76 runners on July 13th. Lindsay Graham has proposed that they hold a YCR Amnesty to try and encourage those runners who have stopped coming to return. In addition, a YCR+ course will be started for those looking to move up to 10k.
Carlisle Printing will print it and photographer has been arranged. Need to finalise list of models!
ACTION: KEV MULVEY to include in next newsletter.
There being no other business the meeting was adjourned at 1110.
- How to Join DH Runners
- DH Runners on Strava
- DH Runners Committee 2019/2020
- Minutes from Committee Meetings
- Annual General Meeting Minutes
- Club Charity