Committee meeting minutes, July 18th 2015
The meeting was called to order at 11.20am
Present: Kev Mulvey, Andrew Graham, Steve Claringbold, Lindsay Graham, Michelle Mackay, Andrew Graham
The minutes of the previous meeting were accepted as a true record
Treasurer’s Summary: As of July 17th 2015, the bank balance is £3366.80
Transport account: Lindsay raised the idea of opening an account with Reay’s Coaches to make booking easier. This was unanimously agreed by the committee. ACTION: Lindsay Graham
AGM Date/Venue: The date was set as Nov 21st at (approx.) 10.30am (Date TBC). Venue will be Morton Manor if possible. ACTION: Sarah Hamilton
Beginners Group: Lindsay has proposed starting a limited numbers, 6 week beginner course. This will start in September, and if it is a success, be followed by another in January. It will run alongside the regular Thurs night group, but will be limited to 15 people. The course will be advertised on our website and social media and will cost £5. People will need to sign up in advance.
This led on to the possibility of needing more run-leaders/helpers. 3 people (Adrienne Harris, Ian Keal and Tony Mills) are being sent on the Leader in Running Fitness course.
As the beginners group is becoming bigger, it is getting much more spread out. Run leaders will ensure that everyone is fit and ready to run, and will also start to encourage some runners to move on to the Tues group. It was decided by the committee that from September 1st, the Tues group will be a ‘taster’ run, enabling those runners from Thursday to give Tues a try and to transition. The taster runs will be the first Tues, every two months (Sept, Nov, Jan, March etc.)
Kit: Kit orders will be placed on the first of every month. Any requests received on or after this date will wait until the following month.
The special edition Race for Life (RfL) t-shirts have cost slightly less than expected. The difference will be donated to RfL and rounded up to £50 by DH Runners. ACTION: Kev Mulvey
Magic Mile: The next Magic Mile will be Aug 5th. Free to members, £1 to non-members. First wave at 6.30pm. Registration from 6pm.
Track hire is £45.
Award Planning: Lindsay proposed that we create an award for the Beginners Group. The committee unanimously agreed. This, along with the existent Runner of The Year award will be presented at the Christmas Party
Christmas Party: Will be held on Dec 5th, the evening of the Langdale Christmas Pudding Run. It was proposed that as we have grown, we hold an organised party rather than meeting in town. Various venues were suggested (Pirelli, Denton Holme Club) and all the options are to be looked into. ACTION: Lindsay Graham
10K: October 2016 is pencilled in as the potential date. In the first instance, we will liaise with other local clubs as to what is involved. The possibility of working with Sport in Action and having it as part of the Carlisle 10K Series was mooted. ACTION: Andrew Graham
During the discussion, first aid was bought up. A number of committee members mentioned being interested in having some first aid training. ACTION: Lindsay Graham
Give A Day Carlisle: Not much is known about this at the present time. The initial idea is that a group of DH Runners will partake. More information is needed. ACTION: Steve Claringbold
Any Other Business:
Charity of the year: We agreed that next year DH Runners will support a charity. 4 or 5 will be shortlisted and a membership vote taken.
DRS Donation: Direct Rail have donated £750 to cover 3 coaching courses (Andrew Graham, Kev Mulvey and Steve Claringbold). The next available date is 10th/11th October. This will be booked as soon as Andrew, Kev and Steve confirm their availability.
Easy Fundraising: The current amount raised is £210.29. EF are keen to speak to someone about helping us increase donations. Kev will pass Sarah’s contact details on. ACTION: Sarah Hamilton
Defibrillator: It was proposed that DH Runners fund a defibrillator for the community. In the first instance we will speak to the Morley Street Community Centre to see if they already have one. ACTION: Lindsay Graham
Trail Runs: Diane Shaw has offered to organise some trail runs. It was agreed by the committee that we are happy to publicise these but they will not be an official DH Runners event.
Run Leaders Course: In addition to the 3 names already proposed, we have another 3 places available. This will potentially be in the autumn with 2 being for the Thursday group and 1 for Tuesday.
There being no other business, the meeting was closed at 12:47pm.