DH Runners Meeting Minutes, March 7th 2015
Present: Kev Mulvey. Andrew Graham, Sarah Hamilton, Lindsay Graham, Michelle Mackay, Andy Baker
Apologies: Steve Claringbold
Adoption of minutes: The minutes of the meeting held on Nov 30th were read and approved as a true record of that meeting.
Descriptions of Tues and Thurs night running groups needed. ACTION: Andrew Graham and Lindsay Graham
Self-declaration form (for helpers at Beginners Group to sign) is needed from England Athletics. ACTION: Andrew Graham
Amended constitution to be bought before the committee for approval. ACTION: Kev Mulvey
Treasurers Summary: The bank balance as of March 6th 2015 is £1199.60
Membership Summary: As of March 7th, there are 41 registered runners (38 competitive, 2 second claim, 1 non-competitive)
The process for member registration needs to be put down in writing and made available for members to see.
New registrants to be emailed by the membership secretary once processed. An email template will be drafted. ACTION: Lindsay Graham/Sarah Hamilton
A new email address purely for memberships will be set up. DHRunnersMembership@gmail.com (assuming available). ACTION: Kev Mulvey
Welcome Pack: Is in hand. Will consist of: Who we are, Committee details, Kit details and England Athletics code of conduct. These will be emailed along with the welcome email as mentioned above. ACTION: Kev Mulvey
Beginners Group Update: The beginners group has proved more popular than anyone imagined. As people are progressing the session is now split into 2, consisting of: 1) warm-up plus run-backs for anyone ready/willing to do them and 2) A second run for those wanting to increase their mileage. This ensures that newcomers are still able to partake while catering for those who are progressing. Once they are comfortable with the increased mileage, they can move on to the Tuesday group.
In turn, this raised questions around the Tuesday group. The committee agreed that we cannot guarantee a run-leader for those at the back of the group. There is also an issue around people not running back to Morley St at the end of the run. A new sign-in form will be used that has a disclaimer stating no responsibility is borne by the group if you leave the run at any point. ACTION: Andrew Graham
Payment from non-members: From 1st April we will be charging non-members for attending Tuesday/Thursday sessions.
A cashbook and cashbox will be purchased. ACTION: Andrew Graham
An announcement on the website and social media will be made reminding people that charges start from 1st April. ACTION: Kev Mulvey
Magic Mile: The idea of making the Magic Mile free for members was raised. The track costs £45 to hire and a minimum £1 charge to non-members was proposed. This was passed by the committee.
The next Magic Mile will be in May. Date TBC.
The committee agreed that in future, children need to be kept away from the steps and the start/finish line.
Tri-suits: The possibility of having club tri-suits was discussed. It is not currently known how much these will cost as it varies dependant on number ordered. VO2 Sportswear requires a £50 design fee (refundable if we order 12 suits) in the first instance. The committee approved this.
The committee approved the order of:
Women’s Short Sleeve Tee size 12x4 & size 14x2
Women’s Vest size 12x3 & size 14x3
Men’s Short Sleeve Tee size Mx5 & size Lx5
Men’s Vest size Mx5 & size Lx5
This will give us a base stock of kit.
Club Championship: The first event in the Club Championship will be parkrun on April 4th.
Andy Baker proposed the Moorclose 10k in May as the additional event. This was unanimously agreed upon.
There will be no retrospective points added if people join DH Runners later in the year. It was agreed that people have until the second event (Moorclose 10k) to join DH Runners to be included in the Club Championship.
These details will be promoted on the website and social media. ACTION: Kev Mulvey
Any Other Business
A list of potential run-leaders was compiled. In the first instance, they will be approached to gauge interest. ACTION: Andrew Graham
Mark Drummond has approached the committee to inform us that if the club puts on its own race, he has contacts who can help.
A cheque was received from Easy Fundraising for £32.46
Some Health & Safety issues were raised. These include procuring an incident book. Andy Baker raised the question of run-leaders carrying their phones with them in case of emergencies. All run-leaders will ensure they have each other’s phone numbers.
There being no other business, the meeting was closed at 1155.
- How to Join DH Runners
- DH Runners on Strava
- DH Runners Committee 2019/2020
- Minutes from Committee Meetings
- Annual General Meeting Minutes
- Club Charity