DH RUNNERS COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES
6thJUNE 2018(1049,Sainsburys Cafe)
Present: Simon Dolman, Andy Baker, Julie Dodd, Paul McKnespiey, Lindsay Graham, Gordon Beattie, Michelle Mackay, Matthew Holliday, Anni Stumpf
Apology: Kev Mulvey, Steve Claringbold, Andrew Graham
The minutes of the previous meeting were accepted as a true record
- See Dropbox update
- We agreed to send an email via Mailchimp to those members from last year who haven’t renewed this year.
Michelle Mackayto write up the email asking for feedback and improvements.
Anni Stumpf to send out email.
Run And Talk Mental Health Programme And Champions
- Rescheduled to next meeting, as Steve wasn’t present.
River Run Update
- Run will be on the 29thOctober 2018.
- Resultbase will do the chip timing with race number chips.
- Race license for 250 entries is applied for.
- Entries will be open in two weeks’ time on Resultbase.
- Race committee requires money to buy signs for the course etc. Estimated costs are £250.
- There will be new designed medals, which will cost a bit more than last year’s medals.
You Can Run+ Next Course
- Will be organised by Simon Dolman and Mark Drummond. No specific date yet
- Course setup, process and goal will be the same as the last YCR+ course – Help participants to progress from 5k to 10k.
DH Street Party
- Will take place in July.
- We have been asked to organise a couple of special runs to deliver invites around Denton Holme, which should be publicised by News & Stars.
- Steve to co-ordinate.
Introduction To The Fells
- Will be organised by Matthew Holliday and Mike Holliday.
They will choose a date and routes, Matthew suggested September.
Their idea is to offer two routes, a 5k and a 10k to cater for different abilities and interests.
- Members will be invited on social media(facebook,twitter, strava). Invite will include date, routes, kit and safety information.
- The actual run will also include a run brief with introductions to safety and precaution in fell running, map reading and advice on techniques.
- Depending on numbers a mini bus can be organized.
Night Of The 5k PBs
- Planned for Wednesday 18thJuly 2018, 7pm.
- Event will be co-ordinated by Kev Mulvey and Sarah Hamilton.
- So far there are 32 sign ups, including a few from other clubs.
- We will need helpers on the night. People can run AND help!
- Plan is to use the gazebo and the speakers(MattTyson’s donation).
- Money will be required to pay for the track and for beer to give to participants.
Kit Order And Buffs
- New buff order is required, people have been asking for them.
- Quote is the following:
100 pieces: £2.56
Setup old moulds: £25 x3 colours
Sum excl. VAT: £350
Import duty will have to be added too(Kevcouldn’t remember the amount from last time)
- Paul asked if it is possible to put buffs on the kit webpage. It would be easier for members to buy and pay and kit person doesn’t have to handle.
- Between Kev and Kathryn somehow one tshirt for Andrea Robson has gone missing, which we will have to write off as a loss.
- Kev is happy to carry on processing the kit orders and passing them over to Kathryn for distribution until we will get a new committee in November. The he proposes that we should have an official kit person to place, collect, sort and distribute all orders.
Wednesday Night Track Sessions
- Gordon reported that some members had asked if we couldn’t reintroduce the track nights.
- Steve had offered that these could be advertised as coached sessions, as long as he doesn’t have to work shifts again.
- it was suggested that there could be alternating coached and uncoached nights, the latter with suggested sessions. In that way Steve wouldn’t have to coach every Wednesday and run leaders could take over instead on uncoached nights.
- Michelle Mackayto contact the Sheepmount and check availability and times.
Bus To Lancaster 5k
- Race day is the 28thJuly 2018.
- Some members have asked if we would organise a bus again for this event.
- It is a good introduction to races for YCR graduates, therefore a lot of members will probably be interested in this 5k.
- Lindsay Grahamto check how many people would be interested and to check with Lancaster if reservations are still possible.
- Everyone who applied for our Kenyan Corner will be helping there.
- Lindsay Graham to write a Facebook post to reassure people.
- We got a Thank You card off Emma Richardson for donating a race place for her charity night and helped her raise £3148 for Carlisle & Eden Mind.
- Kev wanted to bring up a discussion, what is the committees’ thought about donating more race places?
He thinks we have already donated one place and that should be enough.
The committee agreed that in future only applies of members will be considered and there will be only one donated place per year.
- A big Thank You goes to Matt Tyson who has donated a speaker to the club to use at the Lakesman and other DHR events.
Anni Stumpf to organise and deliver a Thank You card.
- A member has requested if we could link our Facebook posts to email to send out at the same time. This is not possible due to amount of posts and every member would have to be included in the email list. There would be too many emails. Facebook is already linked to Twitter as an alternative.
- Kathryn Holliday has experienced an issue with the kit distribution. Some people miss their pick up arrangements, which means more time and work to rearrange pick ups and possible loss of kit.
MatthewHollidaysuggested that there could be a certain pick up date every month. He will ask Kathryn what she thinks about that.
- Lindsay Graham and Julie Dodd suggested a linking in with the police and their fitness tests. Julie reported that a lot of long term policemen struggle to pass their tests. Here she had the idea that DHR run leaders could get involved in runs for and with policemen.
- Lindsay brought up that Bethany Duffy and Lucy Jackson have recognised that there are very little participants from their younger age category in parkrun and running in general(age16+).
They came up with the idea run a small pilot project linking in with places where young people frequent, e.g. six forms and colleges, to support those places over a number of weeks to introduce something similar to You Can Run with a lead from their organisation to ensure it is sustainable.
The idea is not to open membership to younger people or invite people to club runs.
Lindsay liked this project as it could support our sustainability as a club, utilise our amazing inclusive platform and improve emotional wellbeing of younger people.
Lindsay Graham to check if there is funding of England Athletics avaiable, to compose a draft project plan and identify a potential funder.
This project needs to be discussed at the next committee meeting to ensure that it agrees with the clubs’ constitution as it involves people under 18.
- Andy Baker mentioned that there is an issue with people who sign up to races as members but havent got a membership.
Michelle Mackayto write up and send an email to those who haven’t renewed their membership.
- Gordon Beattieto include a“Didyou know, YOU can change your EA details…”
The next committee meetingwill take place on the 8thSeptember 2018.
There be no other business the meeting was adjourned at 1214.