DH RUNNERS COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES
10th NOVEMBER 2018 (1810, Sainsburys Cafe)
Present: Kev Mulvey, Julie Dodd, Steve Claringbold, Michelle Mackay, Lindsay Graham, Paul McKnespiey, Kathryn Holliday, Matthew Holliday, Simon Dolman, Gordon Beattie, Anni Stumpf
Apology: Mark Drummond
The minutes of the previous meeting were accepted as a true record
- Currently large items belonging to the club (e.g. gazebo, sound system, etc.) are stored at various committee members’ houses. To keep club items together in one place and to avoid storing them privately we are looking for a hire storage place.
- Simon Dolman already started looking for possible places and enquired prices – Box Clever with £806 and Scott with £955 are both too expensive. Awaiting reply of Crofton Hall. Further suggestions were Riverside garage and the Council. Or enquire funding of England Athletics or Northern Athletics.
- Simon Dolman to enquire prices from the remaining suggestions.
Monday Movers Group
- This currently unofficial group of runners was set up and is mainly organised by Christine Southam and Ashley Thomson. Both are very motivated and keen to progress further.
- Making the Monday Movers an official DH run group was an enquiry of members who have been taking part in this group for a while.
- This would be an additional option for members to take part in an organised group run.
- The committee agrees that before any finalisation this group needs to be self-sufficient with enough run leadersand doesn’t rely on existing run leaders.Therefore another run leaders course will be organised.
- Lindsay Graham to give feedback to Christine and Ashley to ask them to suggest people for the run leaders course. Also to let them know that they will need to agree on guide lines for their group (maximum pace, distance, etc.) like the Tuesday and Thursday groups.
- Kev Mulvey to contact Emma Davenport regarding a run leaders course in Carlisle asap.
- It was suggested to add the Monday Movers to the run leaders google spreadsheet.
- Regarding run leaders in general – Lindsay Graham to compile a list of all active run leaders, so the website can be updated.
Kathryn Holliday had the idea to add a short specification to every run leaders name, e.g. Tuesday and/or Thursday, trail, road, short distance, marathon, multisport…
DH Christmas Party and Awards Night
- This years awards include – Beginner of the year, Runner of the year, Members’ choice award, Announcement of Club Captains
- Steve Claringbold to ask Tuesdays run leaders to vote for Tuesday runner of the year.
The committee members compiled a short list of possible club captains, male and female, and will give their votes to Anni Stumpf after the meeting.
High Viz Vests, First Aid Kit and Lights for Run Leaders
- The dark nights have arrived and after a few smaller accidents of runners tripping in the dark recently the committee decided that it was necessary to improve the visibility of runners and run leaders and take High Viz more serious.
- We are planning to equipment some run leaders with running belts to carry first aid kits and phones during group runs.
- To treat people correctly in case of any incidents we would also like to put more run leaders through first aid training.
- Wearing a headtorche will continue to be an individual choice for runners and run leaders.
- Some run leaders will also trial some High Viz vests, which we are planning to sell on our website in future.
- Lindsay Graham reported that there had been an issue at a recent Thursday night – Two runners in darl clothing had been asked to wear the provided High Viz vests but they refused to wear them.
The committee agreed – In future if runners refues to wear High Viz during group runs, run leaders won’t let them sign in, so they won’t officially take part at that night’s run. This is down to our safety and insurance rules.
- Kev Mulvey to email Emma Davenport to ask for more High Viz vest for run leaders.
The meeting was adjoured at 1903.