DH RUNNERS COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES
10th SEPTEMBER 2018 (1806, Sainsburys Cafe)
Present: Simon Dolman, Julie Dodd, Paul McKnespiey, Lindsay Graham, Michelle Mackay, Matthew Holliday, Rosie Holliday, Steve Claringbold, Kev Mulvey, Anni Stumpf
Apology: Andy Baker, Andrew Graham
The minutes of the previous meeting were accepted as a true record
- See Dropbox update
- Kev Mulvey to organise the transfer of the remaining River Run 2017 money from the ResultBase account to club bank account.
- Committee rejected the official club twinning programme (https://www.clubtwin.com) because of the fees they charge.
- But we like the idea and think that we could set up a “twinning” ourselves.
- Lindsay Graham to write a short report with a request for feedback of our members.
Gordon Beattie to include that in the next newsletter.
- Matthew Holliday’s visited at the Mid Lancs League meeting. He and Anni Stumpf also added to Noel Hokeman’s Cross Counrty meeting on Friday, on 08/09/2018.
- Noel Hokeman’s meeting was mainly focused on solutions to improve the organisation and execution of the Cumbrian Cross Country Series races. This year there will be changes for more organised and clearer registrations. There was also the suggestion to male and female start waves, instead of the previous “greyhounds, hares, etc.”
Therefore more volunteers will be needed for course set up, registration, marchalling and time keeping.
- Matthew pointed out that we should promote cross country in our club to get bigger turnouts and more volunteers.
Herefore Matthew Holliday to put information and dates on our website.
- We also suggested to organise carshares or mini buses/community transport (idea of Lindsay) to make traveling to races easier.
- Will take place on the 10th November 2018, 10:50am, at Morton Manor. After our club championship parkrun.
- Michelle Mackay or Anni Stumpf to book the Manor.
- Committee positions will be available to stand for all to club members.
- All members of the current committee are willing to restand.
- The committee agreed that all applicants for the London marathon club places have to attend to the AGM.
- Gordon Beattie to make the changed date for the club champs parkrun public on website and in newsletter.
Anni Stumpf to write up a note for the newsletter that committee positions will be available, but current committee would be willing to restand.
- Facebook posts about the dates for the AGM and the club champs would be helpful too.
Christmas Party And Awards Nominations
- Linsday phoned the DH Conservative Club to ask if and when it would be free for our party. She was still waiting for reply. Suggestions were the 1st , 8th or 15th of December.
- This year’s awards will be for “Tuesdays’ Runner Of The Year”, “Beginner Of The Year” and for the club championships.
Run leaders will vote for the Tuesdays’ runner and the beginner of the year.
- Male and female captains will be voted by our members at the AGM.
- Idea for next year: a newsletter and results official.
- Michelle asked if she is allowed to email who haven’t renewed their membership under the new regulations for data protection.
Yes, as long as it doesn’t involve any marketing.
- Simon mentioned that Sports In Action had offered to include us in their local races webpage. The committee agreed.
- Steve would like to contact England Athletics about organinsing a “guided runners” course.
Lindsay offered to contact parkrun event directors to see if anyone knew a qualified official or coach to hold the course, if EA isn’t willing to send an official.
- Lindsay let us know that there will be a Thursdays’ runleaders meeting on the 29th of September, at Café Nero. Aim is to give run leaders more confidence in their volunteer role.
- Kev suggested that the club should pay for coaching courses. It would be good if there would be one or two more DH coaches.
Steve Claringbold and Andrew Graham to organise a run leaders meeting and offer the opportunity the become a coach.
- Simon mentioined that the DH website needs an update on our run leaders page.
Matthew Holliday to do that.
The next meeting will be the AGM on the 10thNovember 2018.
There be no other business the meeting was adjourned at 1858.