DH Runners Committee Meeting
Friday 10th May 2019
Sainsbury’s Cafe, Church Street, Carlisle
Present: Gordon Beattie, Julie Dodd, Simon Dolman, Helen Cupac, Kathryn Holliday, Matthew Holliday, Paul McKnespiey, Michelle Mackay, Anni Stumpf
Apologies: Mark Drummond, Steve Claringbold, Brian Hazlewood
- Membership 258 members this year compared to 268 last year; this year we had more full year members which accounts for the slight increase in fees collected despite the reduction of 10
Action: Gordon to send out a mailchimp about renewals and that old members have to pay subs at club runs and bus trips if they haven’t renewed yet.
- Courses and Training costs for this year £3,789 – include run leaders and run guide course costs
- Other costs:
- Social Events (Xmas party) £159
- Club entry / affiliation £367 – this was Mid Lancs League entry and Northern Athletics membership
- 10k Costs £425
- Equipment £257, which was race signage
- Surplus for the year after all other costs £75, meaning we have put pretty much all funds back into the club - this compared to a surplus of £4,719 last year
- Cash at bank £13,816
Referred to next meeting
Action: Julie, Steve and Mark to meet up to discuss policies etc.
Simon and Kev have made changes and drafted a new version that will be discussed at the next meeting.
Action: Simon to send the draft to committee members and to receive suggestions and questions.
Lakesman Volunteer station:
An email asking for volunteers to sign up on the Lakesman website went out, but Simon thinks there wasn’t enough interest. The deadline to sign up was the 10th May.
Action: Simon to contact Phil and Marie Whitehead to request the absolute deadline and ask for extension.
And also, to get information about logistics for the day.
First Aid Training:
The dates that Lindsay had suggested to run leaders didn’t get enough interest.
We would need two dates for 12 participants each.
Action: Lindsay has asked for more possible dates in September and is awaiting reply.
Run Leaders Guidance:
Lindsay received feedback.
Action: Lindsay to redraft the guidance letter, ready to be check and agreed at next meeting.
Names of the club captains should be added to welcome email.
Action: Lindsay to add to the letter.
Names of the club captains should be added to the list of committee members on the website.
Action: Matthew to add list to the website.
Previous minutes now be agreed at every future meeting, which has been missed out at previous meetings.
Action: Anni to add item to the agenda.
24-hour relay: A group of volunteers will meet on the 11th May to discuss the organisation of the event.
Action: Kathryn to give update at next meeting.
DH Runners Cross Country Day: will take place on Tuesday the 10th September 2019. As part of that club run, we will take interested runners to Rickerby Park and introduce them to cross country running.
Action: Matthew to organise anything necessary closer t the date.
Lindsay requested if we should charge subs for support workers at club runs.
Committee agreed to let support workers run for free.
Simon received complaints from a few run leaders about a few issues regarding the attendance and participation of run leaders.
Action: Simon and Lindsay to send out a survey monkey to run leaders to ask for feedback and suggestion, which will be presented to the committee at the next meeting.
Action: Anni to send a message in the run leaders group chat every Monday to ask who will be at club run the following day.
The next meeting will be on the 7th June 2019, 6pm at Sainsburys Café.
The meeting was adjourned at 1910.